Published by By Juan Soto
CPanel and Plesk take the advantage as far as the more popular Control Panels. Why? Find out it now.
If you are thinking to contract to a service of Web hosting, then you must know that one of the central points that you will have to evaluate is the Control Panel. Probably, and if so they are not internalised in the matter, you will not know with exactitude what is the Control Panels, but takes it calmly, that we will explain it here to you.
The Web server or Control Panel of a lodging is a software that provides with a graphical interface that takes care for the management of users and the administration of the services of the servant. Unix type and the panels are operating systems as cpanel and Plesk the most occupied at the present time they can be used in operating systems Windows and Linux.
What functions we can realise with a Control Panel? Those are several things that we can realise as for example: to create domains, to form subdomains, to administer to archives and directories, to review statistics of visits, to manage users, to administer data bases, accounts of users of servers FTP, backup copies and much more.
CPanel or Plesk?
Although a great amount of Control Panels exists who can be used, all do not count on simplicity and the facility that is required so that the users can administer them suitably. Which are most popular: cPanel and Plesk.
On the one hand, cPanel appears nowadays, as the Control Panel more occupied at present by the Web suppliers hosting. All this, thanks to his near 80% of popularity in the market. This he is a created Control Panel to be used under operating systems based on Linux.
On the other hand, Plesk is a Control Panel that has managed to consolidate in the market. Although one is not on a par of cPanel, enough is required and it works under operating system Windows. At the moment, already it counts with more than two million servers in the world who are working with this Control Panel.
Pros and cons
As we know that both Control Panels are used at present, we wanted to make a comparison between both and obtained the advantages and disadvantages. Review it next:
Advantages of cPanel
- It owns a greater number of software than he is compatible.
- The source program that counts without plugins installed, presents for the user a greater amount of functions in comparison to Plesk.
- He is an ideal Control Panel for programmers who do not have major knowledge and who just begin in the programming languages.
- In economic terms, its annual rent can be cheaper if it is compared with Plesk.
Disadvantages of cPanel
- It demands that the machine where you will use it I have much ram memory.
- It does not count on interfaces similar to XML nor XML same.
Advantages of Plesk
- It has good support if one is to automate the processes, including the XML-RPC interfaces and that accept PHP with scripts to call functions from a computer of remote form.
- It has a great variety of plugins and thanks to this, it can increase the functions.
- It can group domains of an integral way.
- Its price is reduced.
Disadvantages of Plesk
- Its interface is not so user friendly, as if he is it cPanel. This, because there are several aspects that cost to use and to form.
Although there is no an absolute truth as far as the Control Panel to choose, he is undeniable that cPanel takes the advantage by much. Everything will depend on the service of Web hosting that you contract and on the equipment of support to be able to administer of a suitable way your lodging Web.