Published by By Juan Soto
When it is originated a session of a single page and are no interactions we are before a bounce. You want to know more? It reviews the following article.
What happens if a user enters a webpage and it closes it without making no action in her? Probably it does not serve in anything to the business, this is what the rate analyzes by ricochet. A bounce takes place when a session of a single page is originated and there are no interactions.
That is to say, the previous thing is originated, when a usuary one visits a content and it leaves it without making click in no of the elements that are in the page. In order to calculate this, the tools divide sessions of a page by the total of sessions of the site in which the users have registered a bounce. In Google Analytics, the time of session is registered as as zero seconds, since a second hit song does not exist to calculate the duration.
How much it influences the type of page in the bounce?
The percentage by ricochet does not have the best fame. In many cases, it indicates that to the user it did not like the contents, being associated to a bad yield of the Web, although not always a high rate by ricochet means something negative.
For example, in a website in that steps are due to follow to fulfill an objective, a high rate by ricochet will mean something negative, not thus in a Web that shows an precise data, as the sites that exhibit the present temperature.
One page is types of pages where a lifted rate by ricochet is something normal, since as the contents are lodged in a single page, they will not make click in any content. He is as well as the type of page influences by ricochet in the percentage. These are some common sections of a site and their expectable rate:
- Blogs: It is where the users enter to read specific articles, generally have discharges rates by ricochet.
- Pages of companies: They register low percentage, since many users sail there to know the company.
- Cover or Home: The ideal is that the rate by ricochet is low. This, because it is there where all the contents of the site appear, inviting to the user to sail them.
- Landing Pages: They focus in convincing the user to conduct a battle, reason why if well they are optimized, they must have low rates.
How to interpret a rate by ricochet?
In order to by ricochet make a correct evaluation of a rate, the context is due to review. When interpreting this the objectives and the presented content are due to consider to obtain it. Later, you must consider other metric ones to draw conclusions.
The pursuit, that yes, are due to do by section, page or channel. This type of study will give clear information about the yield and how to be able to improve it. These are some of the analyses that can be realised:
- It by ricochet observes the rate of articles along with the dwell time: A high rate by ricochet in an article with a dwell time of five minutes, will indicate that the user read the content and it seemed to him interesting. However, if they are 10 seconds is possible to be shelp that the information was not what if looked for and it is due to analyze it is necessary to modify the key words.
- It investigates if a high rate by ricochet comes from a channel or traffic in particular: If they are originated, for example, from social networks, it can be that the shared messages, are creating incorrect expectations.
- It reviews if it is a general problem: In this case, the high rate can have to technical disadvantages in the implementation of the code of pursuit or the yield of the site.
- If you own one one page, it includes labels and it forms his pursuit so that the tool can distinguish the interactions.
The rate by ricochet by itself, does not say much. By this it is that the metric ones generally must be analyzed in an precise context and altogether with other data. This is the only form in which real value can be contributed to the optimization of the strategies.